UDC Amendments – UPDATED 3/25
2020 UDC Annual Review Cycle
The 2020 UDC General Amendment List items related to Tree Preservation, Landscaping, and Screening/Water Conservation are in the final steps of the process. The City Council has also issued direction to study two additional topics.
Tree Preservation, Landscaping, and Screening/Water Conservation
In July 2020 the City Council directed staff to work on UDC amendment that would address specified issues in the UDC related to Tree Preservation, Landscaping, and Screening/Water Conservation.
So far, the UDC Advisory Committee, the Planning & Zoning Commission, the City Council, and members of the public have reviewed the proposed amendments and issued their comments to staff. The amendments were reviewed at the following meetings.
- UDCAC – January 13, 2021
- P&Z – February 2, 2021
- City Council – February 9, 2021 and March 23, 2021 Workshop Meetings
Public hearings and final votes on the proposed amendments will be held on the dates below. All are welcome to attend via the Zoom links posted in the agenda at agendas.georgetown.org:
- UDC Advisory Committee – March 9
- Planning & Zoning Commission – June 15
- City Council 1st Reading – June 22
- City Council 2nd Reading (Final Action) – July 13
In the each section below, presentation slides summarize and present the major changes and revisions to parts of the UDC that relate to each of the three topics these amendments are focused on. Also, under each section are summaries of all the revisions proposed to each topic and copies of the discussion had by the UDC Advisory Committee on each topic.
We invite you to review the material below and submit your feedback to staff at the link below before February 5, 2021.
- Summary of Major Changes related to Tree Preservation
- List of All Proposed Changes related to Tree Preservation
- UDC Advisory Committee Discussion Notes on Tree Preservation
- Summary of Major Changes related to Landscaping
- List of All Proposed Changes related to Landscaping
- UDC Advisory Committee Discussion Notes on Landscaping
- Summary of Major Changes related to Screening/Water Conservation
- List of All Proposed Changes related to Screening/Water Conservation
- UDC Advisory Committee Discussion Notes on Screening/Water Conservation
Click here to view the complete set of word for word changes proposed to the chapters below. These redlines include the changes made after review by the UDC Advisory Committee, the Planning & Zoning Commission, the City Council, and members of the public.
- Chapter 3 – Tree Removal/Pruning Permit
- Chapter 4 – Gateway Overlay Districts
- Chapter 11 – Stormwater Facilities
- Chapter 12 – Street Trees, Safety
- Chapter 13 – Landscaping in Utility Easements
- Chapter 15 – Enforcement
- Chapter 16 – Definitions
Additional Tree Preservation Items
At their March 9, 2021 meeting the Council directed staff to research two additional topics for consideration as UDC Amendments.
The following topics will be reviewed by the UDCAC Committee at their April 14, 2021 meeting:
- Consideration of trees smaller than 6-inches in diameter as credit trees.
- Consideration of trees planted in residential lots as credit trees for the purposes of tree mitigation.