UDC Amendments – Public Comment Period Open!
2020 UDC Annual Review Cycle
Tree Preservation, Landscaping, and Screening/Water Conservation
In July 2020 the City Council directed staff to work on UDC amendment that would address specified issues in the UDC related to Tree Preservation, Landscaping, and Screening/Water Conservation.
In the each section below, presentation slides summarize and present the major changes and revisions to parts of the UDC that relate to each of the three topics these amendments are focused on. Also, under each section are summaries of all the revisions proposed to each topic and copies of the discussion had by the UDC Advisory Committee on each topic.
We invite you to review the material below and submit your feedback to staff at the link below before February 5, 2021.
You can sign up to meet with staff during one of our office hour days below by emailing email@example.com.
- January 20, 3:00pm-5:00pm
- January 25, 10:00 am -12:00pm
- January 27, 3:00pm-5:00pm
- February 1, 3:00pm-5:00pm
- February 5, 9:00am-11:00am
- Summary of Major Changes related to Tree Preservation
- List of All Proposed Changes related to Tree Preservation
- UDC Advisory Committee Discussion Notes on Tree Preservation
- Summary of Major Changes related to Landscaping
- List of All Proposed Changes related to Landscaping
- UDC Advisory Committee Discussion Notes on Landscaping
- Summary of Major Changes related to Screening/Water Conservation
- List of All Proposed Changes related to Screening/Water Conservation
- UDC Advisory Committee Discussion Notes on Screening/Water Conservation
Click here to view the complete set of word for word changes proposed to the chapters below.
- Chapter 3 – Tree Removal/Pruning Permit
- Chapter 4 – Gateway Overlay Districts
- Chapter 11 – Stormwater Facilities
- Chapter 12 – Street Trees, Safety
- Chapter 13 – Landscaping in Utility Easements
- Chapter 15 – Enforcement
- Chapter 16 – Definitions
The slides below describe the next steps in making these proposed amendments a reality. Any feedback received from this public comment period will be taken into account before a final recommendation and action is taken by the Unified Development Code Advisory Committee, the Planning & Zoning Commission, and the City Council.
Public Hearings on the Proposed Amendments will be held on the dates below. All are welcome to attend via the Zoom links posted in the agenda at agendas.georgetown.org:
- City Council Workshop – February 9
- UDC Advisory Committee – February 10
- Planning & Zoning Commission – February 16
- City Council 1st Reading – March 9
- City Council 2nd Reading (Final Action) – March 26