Construction Specifications and Standards
The documents below are published by the City of Georgetown Systems Engineering Department in order to provide guidance for the following:
- The requirements to provide, install, move, replace, maintain, clean and remove temporary or permanent street closure barricades, signs or other devices required to handle the traffic inconformance with the current edition of the Texas Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Streets and Highways (TMUTCD)and as indicated by the Engineer or the City.
- Requirements for furnishing and installing hot mix asphaltic concrete as shown in the Plans and specified within. Construction shall include a base course, a level-up course, a surface course or any combination of these courses as shown on the Plans, each course being composed of a compacted mixture of aggregate and asphalt mixed hot in a mixing plant, in accordance with the details shown on the Plans and the requirements herein.
- Requirements to furnish and install ductile iron pipe and ductile iron pipe fittings including bracing, pipe laying, jointing, testing, blocking, and any other work that is required or necessary to complete the installation as shown on the Plans and as specified herein.
- Requirements to install precast concrete manholes, frames and covers, and appurtenances as shown on the Plans and as specified herein.
- Requirements for the construction of all types of structures involving the use of structural concrete, except where the requirements are waived or revised by other governing specifications.
If you have questions about this document, please contact the Systems Engineering Department at (512) 930-2572 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Construction Specifications (published 2018) – 14.1M download
- Drainage Criteria Manual (published 2004) – 1.4M download
- Construction Specifications Document Collection with CAD Reference Files – 68M download
Two of the three links above are large files. If your browser is having difficulty downloading them, right-click on the link and choose “save to desktop”.