The Planning Department uses MyGovernmentOnline/MGO Connect to intake, review, approve and process all land use and development applications and building permits electronically. MGO Connect is a new and improved Customer Portal and is active and ready to use. MyGovernmentOnline will continue to be an active link and usable, however, we invite applicants to use the new and improved Customer Portal via MGO Connect (www.mgoconnect.org).
This system allows applicants to:
- Apply for an Application or Permit
- Upload plans and other supporting documents
- Pay fees online
- Track the progress of an application or permit
- Review staff comments
- Schedule inspections
- and many more
Before creating an application, make sure you select the proper tab:
- Permits and Licensing for building permits, sign permits, special events and mobile food vendor permits
- Planning and Zoning for land use, subdivision and other development applications
When completing the application, make sure to:
- Select Georgetown as the jurisdiction; and
- Check off the “notify” box to receive notifications about the progress of your application/permit.
The APP number you receive after your submission is not a case number. It means your submittal has been filed, but not accepted.
The Planning Department has created a user guide to help you use MyGovernmentOnline/MGO Connect. User Guides for both can be found below:
- View the complete guide for MyGovernmentOnline (www.mygovernmentonline.org)
- View the complete guide for MGO Connect (www.mgoconnect.org)