Unified Development Code
The Unified Development Code, adopted by the City Council on March 25, 2003, is the primary guide to development within the City of Georgetown. The UDC incorporates procedures, standards and regulations for zoning as well as subdivision applications.
This document has been codified, as of November 2015 and is now available with our Code of Ordinances: Code of Ordinances. This codified document allows searching capabilities that the pdf versions here do not. The code in regular text will be kept on this page during the transition period but we encourage you to start using the Municode version.
For the purposes of web download, the pdf document has been separated into chapters to allow viewing by users with slower internet connections.
The Code has been updated with the amendments from the adoption of Ordinance 2015-034, which relate to the development standards, rules and procedures that affect properties in the Historic Overlay District and/or listed on the Historic Resource Survey. These changes were effective July 1, 2015 and have been incorporated into the code. Please contact the Planning Department with any questions by emailing email@example.com.
New amendments were adopted by Ordinance 2015-48 in December 2015. These changes have not been made to the code but are included here for reference: ORD 2015-48
Current Unified Development Code
This document contains revisions and updates through July 2015, including the adopted changes of the historic district amendments ordinance.
- UDC – Cover and Table of Contents
- UDC – Chapter 1 General Provisions 07.2015
- UDC – Chapter 2 Review Authority 07.2015
- UDC – Chapter 3 Applications and Permits 07.2015
- UDC – Chapter 4 Zoning Districts 07.2015
- UDC – Chapter 5 Zoning Use Regulations 07.2015
- UDC – Chapter 6 Residential and Ag Zoning Districts 07.2015
- UDC – Chapter 7 Non-Residential Zoning Districts 07.2015
- UDC – Chapter 8 Preservation, Landscaping and Fencing 07.2015
- UDC – Chapter 9 Off-Street Parking and Loading 07.2015
- UDC – Chapter 10 Sign Standards 07.2015
- UDC – Chapter 11 Environmental Protection 07.2015
- UDC – Chapter 12 Pedestrian and Vehicle Circulation 07.2015
- UDC – Chapter 13 Infrastructure and Public Improvements 07.2015
- UDC – Chapter 14 Nonconformities 07.2015
- UDC – Chapter 15 Enforcement 07.2015
- UDC – Chapter 16 Definitions 07.2015
- UDC – List of Ordinance Amendments 07.2015
- UDC – App A Environmental Protection Standards for Occupied Sites 07.2015
Recently adopted Unified Development Code amendments
Below are Ordinances reflecting amendments to the Code that have not yet been codified into the document.
ORD 2015-48 – Approved September 22, 2015 – Amends Chapters 1, 3-9, and 13 relative to UDC Development Manual, Annexation process, Site Plan requirements, Planned Unit Development (PUD) District standards, commercial building size limitations, civic use access limitations, self-storage facilities, patios, non-residential district setbacks, non-residential building design requirements, fence standards, parking space dimensions, and sanitary sewer requirements.
ORD 2015-49 – Approved September 22, 2015 – Amends Chapters 2-7 and 16 relative to the UDC text amendment process, Special Area Plan Overlay Districts, event facility land uses, outdoor living areas, and unified developments.