Unified Development Code
The Unified Development Code, adopted by the City Council on March 25, 2003, is the primary guide to development within the City of Georgetown. The UDC incorporates procedures, standards and regulations for zoning as well as subdivision applications.
This document was codified, as of November 2015, and is now available with our Code of Ordinances. This codified document allows searching capabilities that the pdf versions here do not. The code in regular text will be kept on this page during the transition period.
City Council recently approved Ordinance 2017-015 which updated the Code to accommodate changes made to the Comprehensive Plan. The amendments became effective on April 1, 2017. The adopting Ordinance with the redline changes are available here. The entire file is larger than 10 MB so has been divided to accommodate all systems.
The primary changes to the UDC from the previous regulations include:
- Chapter 3 – Development Applications: Development Application Order, Plat Extensions, and Establishing a Subdivision Variance process
- Chapters 6 and 7 – Development Standards: Clarified setback requirements and Applicability of Chapters
- Chapter 12 – Pedestrian and Vehicle Circulation: Pedestrian and Bicycle mobility, Streets, Driveways and Easement, Road Adequacy Standards, Established a formula for existing and future connectivity, Intersection spacing, and Cul-de-sac- protection
- Chapter 13 – Public Improvements: Codification of current practice for requesting voluntary annexation
- Chapter 16 – Definitions: Modified definitions for transportation related items
All amendments have been added to the Code and the entire updated code is available here. The codified version is not currently updated and this page will give notice when it is. Please contact the Planning Department with any questions by emailing email@example.com.
For the purposes of web download, the pdf document has been separated into chapters to allow viewing by users with slower internet connections.
- Cover and TOC 04.01.2017
- Chapter 1 – General Provisions 04.01.2017
- Chapter 2 – Review Authority 04.01.2017
- Chapter 3 – Applications and Permits 04.01.2017
- Chapter 4 – Zoning Districts 04.01.2017
- Chapter 5 – Zoning Use Regulations 04.01.2017
- Chapter 6 – Residential Design Standards 04.01.2017
- Chapter 7 – Non-residential Design Standards 04.01.2017
- Chapter 8 – Tree Preservation, Landscaping and Fencing 04.01.20217
- Chapter 9 – Off-Street Parking and Loading 04.01.2017
- Chapter 10 – Sign Standards 04.01.2017
- Chapter 11 – Environmental Protection 04.01.2017
- Chapter 12 – Pedestrian and Vehicle Circulation 04.01.2017
- Chapter 13 – Infrastructure and Public Improvements 04.01.2017
- Chapter 14 – Nonconformities 04.01.2017
- Chapter 15 – Enforcement 04.01.2017
- Chapter 16 – Definitions 04.01.2017
- List 1 – Ordinance Amendments 04.01.2017
- Appendix A Federal Standards for Occupied Sites 04.01.2017
- Appendix B – Chapter 12 Transportation Exhibits